Following the evolving situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will update this page to let you know what The Belgrave Hotel is doing to support you and your travel plans. As the situation continues to evolve, we will always ensure your safety and provide flexibility.
We really appreciate guests understanding as we move forward.
As part of our continuous improvement to services and policy updates for COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes as a way to keep you and our staff safe.
- Social distancing regulation (inc. public areas, entrances and lift access)
- Rooms are pre-allocated and also kept vacant for 48 hours between guest stays
- Only accepting card payments (contactless where possible)
- Some restrictions on shared space facilities
- Table service only breakfast (no buffet)
- No guest luggage storage
- Hand sanitisers stationed around the hotel
- Additional COVID cleaning routines (inc. door handles and buttons)
- No in-room cleaning or maintenance during occupancy (unless requested on emergency
- Protective screens installed at concierge desk
- Staff to use PPE at all other areas and regular hand-washing
- Keycard dropbox for check-outs and sanitising between use
- One way access for confined areas like hallways
- Bar service limited to bottles (take-away only)
For more information, please consult the UK Government’s website on Coronavirus.
What You Can Do
We fully support NHS guidance regarding hand-washing. You may find the following video and graphic informative and practical.
Like many hotels and restaurants worldwide, we have been carefully adapting our booking policy to give you an increased degree of flexibility when booking with us.
Any guest holding reservations at our hotel will be allowed to make one reservation amendment free of charge for any future date booked until 31st August 2020, subject to availability.
With the uncertainty surrounding the current COVID-19 Pandemic, and the situation constantly evolving, we are reviewing our processes regularly.
Bookings that are affected by the temporary closure (until 5th July 2020) are entitled to a refund, please contact the agency you have booked through.*
*We have unfortunately been made aware that some online travel agencies (OTAs) have been miscommunicating to customers wishing to cancel OTA bookings, that The Belgrave has been withholding/rejecting these cancellation requests. We would like to clarify that this is not the case and The Belgrave have been honouring all guest cancellations since our closure especially with direct bookings, and have not received any communication of cancellations from OTAs, and therefore they have been responsible for withholding these cancellations. This is the same circumstance experienced by many other hotels, and we therefore advise you to consult your OTAs complaint policy to request your refund with them directly.